Qudos Insurance A/S has by decree of 20 December 2018, been declared bankrupt.
You therefore need to buy another insurance policy as soon as possible.
The Danish Guarantee Fund for non-life insurance companies covers eligible claims in the following categories:
- Policyholders with private insurance policies
- Third-parties protected from personal injuries or property damage according to motor vehicle liability insurance
- Third-parties protected from personal injuries according to other liability insurance
- Collective insurance to the extent that an insurance policy of its kind corresponds to the covered individual insurance policies
- Claims regarding building fire on all types of real estate
Claims already reported, will be handled and you do not need to do anymore.
Claims not yet reported must be reported in accordance with the procedure described in your insurance policy no later than 6 months after the bankruptcy.
Reported claims that are not covered by the Guarantee Fund are automatically registered in the bankruptcy estate.
The Guarantee Fund will refund the premium for the remainder of your insurance period, subject, however to a deductible of 1000 DKK per policy.
The Guarantee Fund has sufficient funds.
Keep yourself updated via relevant webpages: www.qudosinsurance.dk, www.skadesgarantifonden.dk, www.finanstilsynet.dk